Press / Business contact:
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Squad is the long-anticipated standalone spiritual successor to the massively popular BF2:Project Reality Mod, winner of the ModDB.com MoTY Award. Gather your mates and rally up for the Massive Squad-based 100 man Combined Arms Warfare featuring decade-honed balance between realism and FPS gameplay and join over 15 Developers of Reality Mod write the next chapter of tactical shooters.
HistoryWho is Offworld Industries? What is Squad? (The Project Reality Story)
Offworld Industries is the continuing evolution of the long running team which formed around the “Project Reality” mod begun on the BF2 Refractor engine. Project Reality was begun 11 years ago with the objective of bringing a greater sense of reality to EA’s Battlefield franchise style of gameplay. It is still active 10 years later and has won many accolades including being inducted into Mod DB’s mod Hall of Fame in December 2010. The core of Offworld Industries has been working together for the better part of a decade on and off, and have finally reached the point where they were confident they could make it on their own and development standalone games.
Squad: Steam Greenlight Announcement Trailer (April 2015) YouTube
Squad: M4 Art Showcase (March 2015) YouTube
There are far more images available for Offworld Industries, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- ""So Squad. It's Project Reality, but a) standalone, b) developed from the ground up as its own thing, and c) really dang pretty.""
- Nathan Grayson, kotaku.com
- "They call it Squad, which will cause trouble with our tagging system because, y'know, that's also the name of the studio behind Kerbal Space Program."
- Alice O'Connor, RockPaperShotgun.com
- ""Squad finds the perfect balance between serious and casual players, emphasizing teamwork without sacrificing playability""
- Connor "BlueDrake42" Hill, http://bluedrake42.com/
Official Squad Website
All information you'd ever need is located on our website and forum http://joinsquad.com/.
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Lead Programmer, Founder
Operations Lead, Programmer
Keith Weisglas, Press Contact