Based in Vancouver, BC, Canada
Press / Business contact:
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Squad is a 50 vs 50 multiplayer first-person shooter that aims to capture combat realism through communication and teamplay, emphasizing both strong squad cohesion mechanics as well as larger scale coordination, tactics and planning. It features large open maps, vehicle-based combined arms gameplay, and player-constructed bases to create a heart-thumping, visceral gaming experience which mixes organized tactical multi-squad planning with split second decision-making in real-world scale firefights.
HistoryWho is Offworld Industries?
Offworld Industries is the continuing evolution of the long running team which formed around the “Project Reality” mod begun on the BF2 Refractor engine. Project Reality was begun 11 years ago with the objective of bringing a greater sense of reality to EA’s Battlefield franchise style of gameplay. It is still active 10 years later and has won many accolades including being inducted into Mod DB’s mod Hall of Fame in December 2010. The core of Offworld Industries has been working together for the better part of a decade on and off, and have finally reached the point where they were confident they could make it on their own and development standalone games, beginning with Squad.
Squad Alpha Version 7 Release Trailer (August 2016) YouTube
Squad Alpha Version 4 Release Trailer (February 2016) YouTube
There are far more images available for Offworld Industries, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Best Upcoming" - IndieDB Editors Choice - Indie of the Year 2015
- "Second Place" - IndieDB Players Choice - Indie of the Year 2015
- "So Squad. It's Project Reality, but a) standalone, b) developed from the ground up as its own thing, and c) really dang pretty."
- Nathan Grayson, kotaku.com
- "They call it Squad, which will cause trouble with our tagging system because, y'know, that's also the name of the studio behind Kerbal Space Program."
- Alice O'Connor, RockPaperShotgun.com
- "...You might want to pay attention to Offworld Industries' Squad, a first person shooter that aims to replicate the reality of war in a way that has never been witnessed previously – and that means rooting out the lone wolf mentality."
- Damien McFerran, redbull.com
- "Squad finds the perfect balance between serious and casual players, emphasizing teamwork without sacrificing playability"
- Connor "BlueDrake42" Hill, http://bluedrake42.com/
Official Squad Website
All the news you'd ever need is located on our website and forums http://joinsquad.com/.
Official Squad Wiki
A primarily community-run, developer supported Wiki about Squad squad.gamepedia.com.
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Will 'Merlin' Stahl
Founder, Operations Manager
Chris 'Irontaxi' Greig
Alastair 'Chuc' Sew Hoy
Garrett 'RoyAwesome' Fleenor
Tom 'Z-Trooper' Jensen
Justin 'Ghostdance' Vanson
Lead Environment Artist
Drew 'Oxy' Fletcher
Norbert 'Norby' Rothermel
Anders 'Anders' Jacobsson
Bruno 'Bruno' Gorostiaga
Dustin 'SgtRoss' Ross