Based in Vancouver, BC, Canada
Alpha Early Access - December 2015; Final Version - Expected mid 2017
PC - Steam
Squad is a 50 vs 50 multiplayer first-person shooter that aims to capture combat realism through communication and teamplay, emphasizing both strong squad cohesion mechanics as well as larger scale coordination, tactics and planning. It features large open maps, vehicle-based combined arms gameplay, and player-constructed bases to create a heart-thumping, visceral gaming experience which mixes organized tactical multi-squad planning with split second decision-making in real-world scale firefights. With a final total of 41,000 votes over 10 days, Squad reached #1 on Steam Greenlight in under 72 hours. Squad underwent over a year of development as of March 2015 before revealed on Greenlight. Squad also underwent a successful Kickstarter Campaign in June 2015 landing Squad nearly CAD$434,805 backed by 4458 backers, far exceeding our goal of CAD$184,000. Since its release on Steam in December 2015, Squad is currently owned by over 217,000 users, with a daily average player base of 1000 players. Squad is riding the wave of great advances in the Unreal Engine 4 in the last year, bringing Squad to market as the meat and potatoes tactical FPS shooter the community has been waiting for nearly a decade. Squad ultimately is a thinking man's game, played out as a large scale tactical FPS PvP shooter with a dozen levels of long perfected meta built into our game design. Squad currently had a mod-friendly SDK currently available via the Epic Unreal Engine Launcher, ready for modders to get their hands on and develop their ideas on Squad's code and asset base.
- Gameplay faster and more fluid than ARMA but slower and more engaging than Battlefield.
- Teamwork oriented gameplay that doesn't require a clan or private server to fully realize the potential of the gameplay.
- Built in Voice Over IP using the best codecs available, with attenuated localized, intra-squad radio, and inter-squad command radio communications.
- Base Building and fortification which no other military FPS has.
- A Logistics system based around drivable vehicles, designed to support bases in the field, all player supported.
- Large scale maps up to 8km^2. (most current maps hover around 2km^2 ~ 4km^2 maps)
- High quality models and a true first person animation system to really immerse players.
- A very open development team with excellent community communication, and preparations in progress for mod support near retail release.
- Infantry, Logistics, Fortifications and Mechanised Warfare.
Squad Alpha Version 7 Release Trailer (August 2016) YouTube
Squad Alpha Version 4 Release Trailer (February 2016) YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Best Upcoming" IndieDB Editors Choice - Indie of the Year 2015
- "Second Place" IndieDB Players Choice - Indie of the Year 2015
- "So Squad. It's Project Reality, but a) standalone, b) developed from the ground up as its own thing, and c) really dang pretty."
- Nathan Grayson, kotaku.com
- "They call it Squad, which will cause trouble with our tagging system because, y'know, that's also the name of the studio behind Kerbal Space Program."
- Alice O'Connor, RockPaperShotgun.com
- "...You might want to pay attention to Offworld Industries' Squad, a first person shooter that aims to replicate the reality of war in a way that has never been witnessed previously – and that means rooting out the lone wolf mentality."
- Damien McFerran, redbull.com
- "Though still in alpha, Squad continues to improve as a smart blend of Battlefield and Arma."
- Ian Birnbaum, pcgamer.com
Official Squad Wiki
A primarily community-run, developer supported Wiki about Squad squad.gamepedia.com.
About Offworld Industries
Squad is a 50 vs 50 multiplayer first-person shooter that aims to capture combat realism through communication and teamplay, emphasizing both strong squad cohesion mechanics as well as larger scale coordination, tactics and planning. It features large open maps, vehicle-based combined arms gameplay, and player-constructed bases to create a heart-thumping, visceral gaming experience which mixes organized tactical multi-squad planning with split second decision-making in real-world scale firefights.
More information on Offworld Industries, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Will 'Merlin' Stahl
Founder, Operations Manager
Chris 'Irontaxi' Greig
Alastair 'Chuc' Sew Hoy
Garrett 'RoyAwesome' Fleenor
Tom 'Z-Trooper' Jensen
Justin 'Ghostdance' Vanson
Lead Environment Artist
Drew 'Oxy' Fletcher
Norbert 'Norby' Rothermel
Anders 'Anders' Jacobsson
Bruno 'Bruno' Gorostiaga
Dustin 'SgtRoss' Ross
Jane Johnston, Press Contact